You are a leadership consultant, and have been hired by an organization to help increase trust in the workplace. In order to do this you need to coach the leadership on how to illicit trust from their followers. In 500-750 words, address the following question:
The antecedents of trust (ability, benevolence, and integrity) proposed in the assigned article, “An Integrative Model of Organizational Trust: Past, Present, and Future,” are defined rather simply. Using additional research on trust and leader behavior, identify how you could coach a person to engage in behaviors that might elicit higher levels of those antecedents in followers. Make sure to include what needs to be coached and how you would go about it, as the focal point of this section.
Describe how the strategies might
change depending on what setting the leader might be in (a for profit business staffed by employees versus a non-profit staffed primarily by volunteers for instance). Reminder this is about the leader and how you, as the consultant, would coach a leader differently in a different setting.
Use two to three scholarly resources for evidentiary support.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
1.Essay is relevant, it insightfully identifies how student could coach a person to engage in behaviors that might elicit higher levels of listed antecedents in followers.
2. Content is comprehensive, accurate, and persuasive; definitions are clearly stated. Description of how strategies might change depending on organizational setting for a leader are well supported. Research is adequate, current, relevant, and addresses all of the issues stated in the assignment’s criteria.
3. Clear and convincing argument that presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative
4. Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.
5. All format elements are correct.
6. Sources are completely and correctly documented, as appropriate to assignment and style, and format is free of error.