Which of the following does your textbook recommend that you do in the conclusion of your first speech? All of the above
16. Instead of using a mouse, you can use this pointing device to control the pointer by rotating a ball with your thumb.
1. Pointing stick 2. Touchpad 3. Joystick 4. Trackball
17.If your wrist is getting strained from repetitive typing, it is advisable to use a(n)
1. ergonomic keyboard. 2. wireless keyboard. 3. traditional keyboard. 4. flexible keyboard.
18. used commonly for classroom presentations, _____ connect to microcomputers to give output similar to a monitor.
1. scanners 2. HDTV 3. e-books 4. data projectors
19.This process improves system performance by acting as a temporary high-speed holding area between a secondary storage device and the CPU.
1. Data compression 2. Data access 3. Disk caching 4. RAID
20.Which of the following measures the amount of time required by the storage device to retrieve data and programs?
1. Nonvolatile media 2. Capacity 3. Access speed 4. RAM
21.Three ways to improve the performance of a hard disk include
1. disk caching, RAID, and file expansion. 2. file compression, disk caching, and file encryption. 3. disk caching, RAID, and file compression. 4. RAID, file compression and disk expansion.
22.The standard for high definition optical discs is
1. DVD-RAM. 2. HD DVD. 3. Blu-ray. 4. HD CD.
23. The ____ indicates how much data a particular storage medium can hold.
1. access 2. capacity 3. memory 4. storage
1. can hold up to 10 gigabytes of data. 2. use magnetic charges to represent 1s and 0s. 3. typically use a single track that spirals toward the center of the disk. 4. have had little impact on storage.
25.Hard disks store and organize files using all the following, except
1. tracks. 2. sectors. 3. cylinders. 4. paths.