1. What class of dental cavities involves the…
1. What class of dental cavities involves the incisal edge of anterior teeth? A. Class III
B. Class II
C. Class I
D. Class IV
2. The wax used for the fabrication of wax patterns for cast restorations as part of the lost-wax technique is _______ wax.
A. impression B. utility
C. registration D. inlay
3. Which cement is known for its ability to stimulate the formation of secondary dentin? A. Calcium hydroxide
B. Zinc phosphate
4. Often, caries will develop in an area of the tooth that’s not readily accessible. Which cavity preparation form defines this?
A. Resistance B. Retention
5. Which drug administration route produces the most rapid drug response and has an almost immediate onset of action?
C. Inhalational D. Injectable
6. The impression materials of choice for crown and bridge impressions include all the following, except A. polyvinylsiloxane.
7. Which of the following is not part of the anesthetic syringe? A. Threaded tip
B. Loading coil
8. What cement should generally not be used with acrylic temporaries that will be placed a long time? A. Polycarboxylate
B. Zinc oxide noneugenol
D. Calcium hydroxide
9. Which of these instruments is used to create the anatomy in an amalgam restoration? A. Excavator
10. Dental alloy is composed of three primary metals. Which of the following is not one of the three primary metals?
A. Silver B. Copper C. Tin
11. Alginate is another name for A. reversible hydrocolloid.
B. irreversible hydrocolloid.
12. Polyether impression materials are available in all viscosities, except A. light-body.
13. Which one of the following classes of controlled substances are experimental drugs and can’t be administered to patients?
A. Class VII B. Class V C. Class II D. Class I
14. A point angle of a cavity preparation involves how many surfaces? A. Two
15. Water cooled trays are used with which impression material? A. Reversible hydrocolloid
B. Zinc oxide and eugenol paste
C. Addition-reaction silicone (polysiloxane)
16. The base of a dental cast is trimmed using A. boxing wax.
B. a hydrocolloid conditioner.
C. a model trimmer.
D. a vibrator.
17. Which of the following is not a stage of general anesthesia? A. Surgical
18. Which of the following is the reason for aspirating prior to injection? A. To withdraw any excess fluid in the tissues
B. To prevent the injection of medication into a blood vessel
C. To reduce the pain of injection
D. To determine if the syringe is in working order
19. Vacuum molding can be used for all the following techniques, except A. custom trays.
B. lost wax process.
C. bleaching mouth guards.
￼20. What item is used to hold the matrix band in contact with the interproximal area of the preparation? A. Retainer
B. Cotton roll
21. All the following impression materials can be mixed with an automixing system, except A. polyether.
C. addition-reaction silicone.
22. How many planes of analgesia are there in the administration of nitrous oxide? A. Four
23. Varnishes act as a sealer and are painted on the A. pulp.
24. What type of resin cement is used in the bonded amalgam technique? A. Photo-cure
25. Bite registrations, setting denture teeth, and verifying denture relationships can be accomplished with _______ wax.
A. impression B. baseplate C. boxing
26. The material that’s painted in a tray to allow an impression material to attach to the tray is called a A. tray-body impression material.
B. tray try-in.
C. tray adhesive.
￼D. plastic bonding agent.
27. A custom tray is recommended for use with which impression material? A. Polysulfide
B. Impression compound
C. Reversible hydrocolloid
D. Irreversible hydrocolloid
28. Which of the following agents are resistant to antibiotics? A. Viruses
B. Gram-positive bacteria
C. Gram-negative bacteria
29. When loading a crown or bridge with a ZOE or glass ionomer luting cement, which of the following steps is not taken?
A. Etch the crown
B. Check for air bubbles C. Remove excess cement D. Dry any water droplets
30. Examples of elastomeric impression materials include all the following, except A. polysulfide.
C. addition-reaction silicone.
D. impression compound.
31. Which of these restoratives would need to be placed in 2.5 mm increments? A. Amalgam
B. Self-cure composite
C. Light-cure composite
D. Resin ionomer
32. Which of the following is another way to write the term nitrous oxide? A. N2O
33. Disinfection of impression materials is usually accomplished by A. allowing the impression