11.A device that protects against a sudden increase in electrical power is a(n)
1. anti-spiker. 2. voltage regulator. 3. network terminator. 4. surge protector.
12.Which among the following is a fraudulent or deceptive act designed to trick individuals into spending time or money for little or no return?
1. Malicious program 2. Internet scam 3. Theft 4. Data manipulation
13.In a GDSS, the _____ is generally a decision-maker.
1. programmer 2. technician 3. user 4. client
14._____ show the difference between the income and expenses of the company for a specific time period.
1. Income statements 2. Balance sheets 3. Accounts payable 4. Inventory
15.This typically consists of transactions from the transaction processing system.
1. System software 2. External data 3. Decision model 4. Internal data
16.This level of management is involved with tactical planning within an organization.
1. Top management 2. Middle management 3. Supervisors 4. Stockholders
17.The _____ keeps records of the number of each kind of part or finished good in the warehouse.
1. payroll 2. inventory control system 3. sales order processing 4. general ledger
18._____ system helps supervisors by generating databases that act as the foundation for the other information systems.
1. Decision support 2. Management information 3. Transaction processing 4. Executive support
19.If all the data in a database is not physically located in one place, it would be a(n)
1. individual database. 2. Web database. 3. commercial database. 4. distributed database.
20.Collectively, a person’s name, address, and age would be called a
1. character. 2. record. 3. field. 4. file.
21.The combined information presented on a(n) _____ can be used to change the whole merchandising strategy of a store.
1. commercial database 2. individual database 3. company database 4. distributed database
22.This commercial database offers news and information on legal, public records, and business issues.
1. CSi 2. Dialog Information Services 3. Dow Jones Interactive Publishing 4. LexisNexis
23.A credit card bill that is processed at one shot – say the end of the month – is an example of
1. batch processing. 2. group processing. 3. real-time processing. 4. consignment processing.
24.Information collected by an organization from a variety of external and internal databases is stored in special type of database called a
1. data warehouse. 2. commercial database. 3. company database. 4. company warehouse.
25.The data and the DBMS are stored either on the user’s hard-disk drive or on a LAN file server in these databases.
1. Company databases 2. Individual databases 3. Commercial databases 4. Web databases