1. Leadership involves all EXCEPT:
a. Creating change
b. Influencing followers
c. Maintaining stability
d. Shared purpose
2. Managers and Leaders are different because:
a. Managers learn a set of skills for planning, organizing , directing and controlling.
b. Leaders must find the capacity to help to create a vision of what the organization can be.
c. Leadership calls for caring about and engaging the whole employee
d. Managers maintain stability while Leaders propmote change.
3. Leadership Vision is :
a. A picture of the future.
b. A desired future.
c. An ambitious view of the future:
d. All of the above.
4. Possessing the Traits of Honesty and Integrity are essential for leaders in order to:
a. Build productive relationships
b. Build trust.
c. Both a. and b. above
d. Seek achievement.
5. “High-high” Leadership behavior is generally considered desirable because:
a. Leaders display concern for both people and production.
b. Leaders will meet people – oriented and task – oriented needs simultaneously.
c. Both a and b above
d. Task – oriented behavior was associated with higher productivity
6. Drive is considered essential to Effective Leadership because:
a. Leaders with drive seek achievement.
b. Leaders with drive actively pursue goals.
c. Leaders with drive have stamina.
d. All of the above.
7. Contingency approaches can best be described as:
a. Leadership styles that seek to delineate the characteristics of situations.
b. Leadership styles appropriate for one situation which may not work in another.
c. Leadership traits or behaviors that can improve performance in all situations.
d. Both a and b.
8. Kinko’s a nationwide copy center, has numerous locations and managers have limited personal interaction. This is an example of:
a. Achievement – oriented leadership.
b. Goal Path Theory.
c. Substitute for leadership.
d. A neutralizer
9. Two important situational contingencies in the goal-path theory are:_
a. The personal characteristics of the group members and the work environment.
b. Ability, skills , needs, and motivations and the degree of class structure.
c. Substitutes for leadership and readiness level of the leader.
d. Both a and b above
10. A Theory Y Leader believes all EXCEPT:
a. Subordinates enjoy work
b. Subordinates are lazy and dislike work.
c. Subordinates seek responsibility.
d. Subordinates will exercise creativity and imagination
11. All of the following are ways to enhance emotional intelligence EXCEPT:
a. Taking responsibility for your life
b. Taking a course in public speaking.
c. Having excellent planning and organizing skills.
d. practicing meditation or yoga