1. Which of the following is a true statement about a tangent and a radius?
A. A tangent and a radius in a cylinder form two legs of a right triangle with the cylinder’s altitude serving as the hypotenuse.
B. A tangent and a radius of a hexagon are always equal lengths.
C. A tangent and a radius intersect at the foci of an ellipse.
D. A tangent and a radius of a circle meet to form a 90° angle.
2. The sides of an angle inscribed in a circle are
A. a diameter and a tangent.
B. two chords.
C. two radii.
D. a tangent and a radius.
3. What is the area of a right triangle with a hypotenuse measuring 5 inches and a base measuring 4 inches?
A. 12 in2
B. 7.5 in2 2
C. 6 in
D. 10 in2
4. What is the altitude of a rhombus if its area is 50 square meters and the length on one side is 12.5 meters?
A. 7.5 m
B. 10 m
C. 4 m
D. 12.5 m
5. Which one of the following geometric forms is a curved surface?
A. Side of a cone
B. Base of a prism
C. Base of a cylinder
D. Side of a pyramid
6. What is the total area of a right rectangular prism with a height of 8 feet, a width of 10 feet, and a thickness of 12 feet?
A. 478 ft2
B. 592 ft2
C. 824 ft2
D. 950 ft2
7. What is the total area of a rectangular prism with a height of 10 feet, a width of 6 feet, and a thickness of 4 feet?
A. 248 ft2
B. 592 ft2
C. 240 ft2
D. 950 ft2
8. If the diameter of sphere is reduced by half, its surface becomes
A. half the original surface.
B. double the original surface.
C. four times the original surface.
D. one-quarter the original surface.
9. What is the circumference of a circle with a radius of 3 meters?
A. 3.14 m
B. 9.42 m
C. 18.85 m
D. 6.00 m
10. A triangle that contains angles of 27°, 90°, and 63° is a(n) _______ triangle.
11. What is the volume of a frustum of a right pyramid with the area of the lower base equal to 100 square inches, the area of the upper base equal to 25 square inches, and the altitude equal to 12 inches?
A. 560 in3
B. 700 in3
C. 420 in3
D. 750 in3
12. A monument is made in the form of a right pyramid with a regular hexagon as a base. Each base side is 5 meters and the slant height is 30 meters. If only the sides (and not the base) of the monument is to be covered by metal, how many square meters of metal are needed to cover the sides of the pyramid?
A. 150 m2
B. 450 m2
C. 300 m2
D. 75 m2
13. A triangle that contains angles of 35°, 90°, and 55° is a(n) _______ triangle.
14. Which one of the following statements about quadrilaterals is true?>/i>
A. A quadrilateral with a right angle is a rhombus.
B. A quadrilateral with two pairs of parallel sides is a trapezoid.
C. A parallelogram with a right angle is a rectangle.
D. A quadrilateral with only one set of parallel sides is a square.
15. The supplement of an angle of 72° is an angle measuring
16. If the diameter of a sphere is doubled, its surface becomes
A. three times the original surface.
B. four times the original surface.
C. eight times the original surface.
D. double the original surface.
17. If a decorative sign in the form of a circle has a diameter of 10 feet, what it the area of the sign, to the nearest square foot?
A. 157 ft2
B. 31 ft2
C. 16 ft2
D. 79 ft2
18. A monument in the form of a marble cylinder has a circular base with a radius of 1.5 meters. The altitude of the monument is 3.5 meters. How many cubic meters of marble does this monument contain?
A. 24.74 m3
B. 6.19 m3
C. 21.21 m3
D. 7.07 m3
19. If a triangle has an angle of 45° and an angle of 100°, what is the third angle?
20. What is the altitude of a rhombus if its area is 10 square meters and the length on one side is 2.5 meters?
A. 4 m
B. 7.5 m
C. 12.5 m
D. 10 m