1. Discuss the three different motives or rationales for terrorists to use WMD.
2. Who or what is ISIS? What are their goals and why do they pose a threat to our homeland security?
3. Describe some of the criticisms aimed at fusion centers and other law enforcement responses to terrorism.
4. Discuss the emerging role and potential political conflict of the local police involvement in illegal immigrant enforcement.
5. Describe the differences between a county sheriff and a municipal police chief. Please check the website for your local law enforcement agency, and then identify the agency and the experience of the chief or sheriff in your answer.
Write a paper that addresses the following prompts:
What is your definition of leadership?
How important is it to have a definition of leadership? How does your definition support your perspective on the concept of leadership?
What is your approach to understanding leadership? Does it start with a definition, or do you simply follow your instincts?
What is your definition of management?
What do you see as the differences between leadership and management?
A proposed engineering control is expected to cut the accident rate by 40 percent for a given process that was recently cited as being out of compliance by an OSHA inspector. Auditors have estimated cost data for accidents with this process as follows (average cost per accident):
Direct Cost/ Hidden Cost/ Fre./yr
First Aid cases 1000 4000 6
med. treatment cases 6000/9000/1.5
Lost time cases 3000/50000/.5
No-Injury cases none/2000/5.0
a.)calculate the total benefit expected for this proposed engineering control. show calculations
b.) if the proposed engineering control will cost $40000 does the cost benefit analysis support funding it? why or why not
c.) what other reasons might support funding the project
Let f be a multivariable function defined by f(x, y) = x^3y – x^2y^2 where x and y are real numbers. Choose the same point to use as you work to complete parts A through D of the task.
A. Explain how to find the direction of maximum increase for f at your chosen point, showing all required work.
B. Explain how to find the direction of maximum decrease for f at your chosen point, showing all required work.
C. Explain how to find the equation of the tangent plane to f at your chosen point, showing all required work.
D. Explain how to find the equation of the normal line to f at your chosen point, showing all required work.
E. Demonstrate that the second derivative test for local extreme values of f is inconclusive for all points on the y-axis.