Two-Dimensional Media1. The first computer was built around
2. Pigment gives media their
3. _______ is a variation of the etching process that involves flat areas of color.
4. Metalpoint was extremely popular during the _______ era.
5. A _______ is a woven wall hanging.
6. Drawing media are divided into which two broad categories?
A. Pastels and ink
B. Dry media and liquid media
C. Pencils and paint
D. Dry media and oils
7. A/An _______ camera converts a moving image into electronic signals.
A. celluloid film
8. _______ are made from small, closely spaced particles embedded into a binder.
9. Nonaqueous media must be _______ with turpentine or mineral spirits before use.
10. The mausoleum of Roman Empress Galla Placidia in Ravenna provides fifth century examples of Early Christian
11. On the most basic level, we communicate using _______ to convey information or embody ideas.
12. Once paper printing was used in Europe, they experienced the
A. digital revolution.
B. Industrial Revolution.
C. information revolution.
D. Renaissance era.
13. Rembrandt’s Christ Preaching is an example of a/an
D. oil painting.
14. _______ is the arrangement and appearance of printed letter forms.
B. Colors and images
15. A _______ has light and dark values that appear as you would see them in life.
A. film roll
C. positive image
D. negative image
16. In 1525, with the advent of movable type, _______ created a unified alphabet that could be mass-produced.
A. Norman Rockwell
B. Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec
C. Albrecht Dürer
D. Paul Rand
17. With a negative image, the light and dark values are
A. correctly displayed.
B. sepia toned.
D. camera obscured.
18. _______ charcoal creates a soft line that smudges easily.
19. _______ pencils result in darker, richer marks.
D. Number 2
20. Raphael’s School of Athens is an example of Renaissance
C. oil painting.