1. Nt = N0 lt represents:
2. An annual plant when initially colonizing an area will probably demonstrate:
3. The exponential population growth equation can be used for:
all of the populations listed above.
4. Density dependent factors include all of the following EXCEPT:
5. Human populations are clumped on a large scale with the greatest concentration in:
6. If the age distribution diagram is bottom heavy or pyramidal in shape, this indicates that the population is:
7. If the age distribution diagram is bell shaped or the number of individual in each age class is evenly distributed, this indicates that the population is:
8. If the age distribution diagram has the smallest concentration of individuals in the bottom portion or is considered to be an urn shape, this indicates that:
9. A polymorphic locus is one that:
occurs in a population as more than one allele.
10. The number of eggs laid by a female is called her:
11. A “forb” is a(n):
herbaceous, but non-graminoid, plant species.
12. The “K” in “K-selection” comes from the:
“K” in the logistic growth equation. .
13. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic favored by K-selection?
14. Which of the following environments for germinating seed is most likely to favor a plant species that makes many small seeds, compared to one that makes fewer larger seeds?
15. “Riparian” refers to plant communities occurring:
in transitions between riverbanks and upland areas.
16. The study of the relationship between climate and the timing of ecological events is called:
17. __________ show more variation in life history traits than any other group.
18. Turner and Trexler found a __________ relationship between egg size and __________ in the darter populations that live in rivers and streams of central North America.
19. Westoby, Leishman, and Lord found that on average, __________ produce the largest seeds.
20. Which of the following are characteristics favored by K selection?