Five Network Questions on Virtualization 030318
1. Explain how a virtual machine works. Describe the architecture, the basic configuration, and the components. What are the basic hardware requirements for Windows Server 2012/R2 Hyper-V?
2. Describe the various improvements in Version 3 of Hyper-V found in Windows Server 2012/R2. List at least five feature enhancements. Explain how these improvements increase the functionality of Hyper-V.
3. In a table, compare Microsoft’s Hyper-V to VMware’s server product.
Vendor Product Features Licensing
4. Outline the differences between a Generation 1 and Generation 2 VM. What are some of the specifications for Generation 2? What is a limitation of Generation 2?
5. Explain the use of Hyper-V virtual networks. Describe the three types and their use.