Clearly identify your final answer.
(5 points) Write 73, 456 in words.
Seventy-three thousand four hundred fifty-six
2. (5 points) Simplify the following:
3. (5 points) Estimate each sum or difference by rounding to the nearest hundred.
4. (5 points) Write a fraction to represent the shaded area.
5. (5 points) Write each fraction in simplest form.
6. (5 points) Perform each indicated operation. Write each answer in simplest form.
7. (5 points) Find the LCM of the following.
8. (5 points) Perform each indicated operation. Simplify your answers.
9. (5 points) Perform the indicated operations. Round division answers to the nearest thousandth if necessary.
10. (5 points) A school has 410 students and 25 teachers. How many students are there per teacher?
11. (5 points) Find the circumference of a circle with radius 1.4 in. long. Then use the approximation 3.14 for π and approximate the circumference.
12. (5 points) Write each ratio or rate as a fraction in simplest form.
9 inches of rain in 30 days
13. (5 points) Find each unit price and decide which is the better buy.
a. Oranges: 6 for $0.96 or
14. (5 points) Find the unknown number n in each proportion.
An engineering school accepts 2 out of every 11 applicants. If the school accepts 460 students in Fall of 2012, how many students applied for admission?
On a map, 3 inches corresponds to 100 miles. Find the actual distance between two cities that are inches apart on the map.
16. (5 points) Write each percent as a decimal.
18. (5 points) Solve.
19. (5 points) Solve. Round all dollar amounts to the nearest cent.
A cleaning solution has 40% vinegar. Find the amount of vinegar in 32 ounces of the solution.
20. (5 points) Solve. Round all dollar amounts to the nearest cent.
Marty borrowed $450 at 9% interest for 3 months. Find the total amount due at the end of the 3 months.
$5000 is compounded quarterly at a rate of 10%. Find the total amount in the compound interest account at the end of 20 years. (The compound interest factor is 7.20957).