ASSIGNMENT #1: Philosophers’ Matrix and Analysis
1. Identify significant historical and cultural forces that have shaped education. (APTS 7)
2. Identify leading educators in the past and how they influenced today’s education. (APTS 7)
3. Define the characteristics of the teaching profession. (APTS 7)
DETAILS FOR ASSIGNMENT
Historically, world philosophers have generated theories and philosophies which have impacted education today.
Review historical philosopher’s contributions and their impact on current educational practices and pedagogy.
Select four philosophers who have had a major impact on educational theory/pedagogy.
In a matrix, compare the evolution of each philosopher’s theory and discuss how it has been integrated into current educational practices in the following domains:
1. Classroom engagement
2. Teaching and learning
3. Parent or community involvement
4. Student social or emotional support
Additionally, write a reflection of 500-750 words in which you create an analysis that delineates at least two philosophers whose corresponding theories have had a significant impact in education and most closely align to your own current beliefs and philosophy. Explain the similarities shared between your beliefs and the philosophies chosen. How have these theories impacted your actions or beliefs within the educational environment?
Prepare this assignment according to the 5TH ADDITION APA guidelines WITH A SEPRATE PAGE FOR REFERENCES.
PART 2: JOURNAL
Module 1 Journal: Time and Cultural Influence on American Education
Respond to the following questions in 400-500 words:
1. What experiences did you have as a student that you now understand were rooted in historical education philosophies?
2. What are the primary characteristics of the teaching profession? Explain how they have been impacted by the evolution of educational