1. (TCO 5) Who created Portrait (Twins), in which the artist appears in two roles?
2. (TCO 2) Who painted The Upper Falls of the Reichenbach?
J. M. W. Turner
Caspar David Friedrich
Antoine Jen Gros
3. (TCO 5) Which of the following documents the Norman invasion of England in 1066?
Song of Roland
4. (TCO 8) The author notes that Brunelleschi’s investigation of optics in Arab science (particularly Alhazen’s Perspectiva) contributed to his understanding of linear perspective. Which of the following is NOT among those whose classical works were integrated into Alhazen’s Perspectiva?
5. (TCO 2) Who created Jupiter and Io as part of the set of paintings commissioned by Federico Gonzaga of Mantua?
6. (TCO 2) Which of the following terms refers to the wax death masks used to create the high level of naturalism in portrait busts?
7. (TCO 5) Who is the author of Frankenstein?
George Gordon, Lord Byron
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Mary Godwin Shelley
8. (TCO 2) Who wrote Les Fleurs du mal, whose publication brought criminal charges and a fine?
9. (TCO 2) Which of the following paintings is set in Tahiti?
Mahana no atua
The Vision after the Sermon
10. (TCO 1) Who is the playwright for The Oresteia, the trilogy that includes events after Agamemnon’s return from the Trojan War?