You have been hired by ACME Global Consulting to procure requirements for a large database. In developing database management systems, E-R models are used to graphically depict complex relationships between entities. In this assignment, you are to convince a set of clients of the benefits of using an E-R model in developing a database. Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
1. List the advantages of a relational model specific to ACME Global Consulting.
2. Summarize in your own words the purpose of an E-R model specific to ACME Global Consulting.
3. List and describe essential components of the model such as entities, attributes, keys, relationships, roles, and dependencies specific to ACME Global Consulting.
4. Describe the need for the enhanced E-R model and how we can create sophisticated models to help us in complex environments.
5. Outline and describe the advantage of using the relational model.
6. Create an E-R diagram using graphical depicting software that could theoretically be used in a restaurant application. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length. Acceptable software used to depict the solution includes any drawing tool, such as Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Paint, open source alternatives or similar drawing tools. You are free to formulate constraints, entities, attributes, etc. Potential entities may include but are not limited to customers, vendors, orders, and menu items.
7. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources. Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
· Include charts or diagrams created in Excel, Visio, MS Project, or one of their equivalents such as Open Project, Dia, and OpenOffice. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted. The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Compose conceptual data modeling techniques to capture the information requirements.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in database systems.