Select and explain each answer in a total of 200 to 300 words.
1. An IPv6 address is made up of how many bits?
2. The subnet mask of an IP address does which of the following?.
a. Provides encryption in a TCP/IP network
b. Defines network and host portions of an IP address
c. Allows automated IP address configuration
d. Allows users to use a computer’s name rather than its address
3. Which of the following is a private IP address and can’t be routed across the Internet?
4. When using TCP/IP, which of the following must computers on the same logical network
have in common? (Choose all that apply.)
a. Network ID
b. Host ID
c. Subnet mask
d. Computer name
5. How many bits must be reallocated from host ID to network ID to create 16 subnets?
6. For the Class C network address 192.168.10.0, which of the following subnet masks
provides 32 subnets?
7. How many host bits are necessary to assign addresses to 62 hosts?
8. Which of the following is a reason to subnet? (Choose all that apply.)
a. Networks can be divided into logical groups.
b. Subnetting eliminates the need for routers.
c. Subnetting can decrease the size of broadcast domains.