1) How dense (number of colonies) are the colonies on each plate? State where the sample was taken and how many colonies. 5 points.
2) How diverse (different from one another) are of colonies on each plate? What are the visible differences that you see? Use color, size, and shape of colonies in your answers. 2 points.
3) Formulate reasonable explanations as to why each area had the general density and diversity you noted above. 2 points for each plate explanation. 10 points total.
4) Report your determination of the shapes of these prokaryotes by using the descriptive names: bacillus, coccus, and spirochete. 3 points.
5) Make a table comparing any prokaryote to any single-celled eukaryote of your choosing. By examining photographs of prokaryotes and eukaryotes provided in Activity #1 and Activity #2, as well as photographs and information from Chapter 21 and other areas of your text, compare nine different features that separate your two organisms. Use criteria such as cell shape, cell size, organelles, metabolic, living requirements, and others.