During your practicum, you will observe a science lesson being taught. You will write an essay of 1,000-1,250 words in which you address the following:
1. Did the science teacher integrate other content areas into the science lesson, such as reading, writing, math, technology, and so on?
2. Did the teacher incorporate technology into the lesson?
3. What supplies/handouts, if any, did the teacher use?
4. Were science standards used?
5. What types of assessments were used by the teacher?
6. Was differentiated instruction evident?
7. Was this unit successful? If so, what made it successful?
8. Would you try this approach in the future, once you are in the classroom or in control of the lesson creation? Why or why not?
9. How would you make this unit of study more successful/engaging?
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
Concept Map Creation: Create a concept map electronically on the science topic observed in the practicum.
Select computer software that will allow you to create a concept map electronically:
1. Suggestion: Check out FreeMind, which is free online software.
2. Suggestion: Use Microsoft Word drawing tools.
Include the science processes and types of assessments observed.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected. A title page is expected