1. The focus in civil litigation is to
2. Evidence is competent if
3. Which one of the following is acquired by serving a summons and complaint upon a defendant?
4. Attorneys and paralegals should begin identifying potential claims and defenses during the
5. An attorney is trying a criminal case, but isn’t sure what level of burden is required in criminal court. Which one of the following does the attorney have to meet?
B. Beyond a reasonable doubt
6. A claim is filed by the defendant against the plaintiff. Attorney A says that the defendant has filed a counterclaim. Attorney B says the defendant has filed a cross-claim. Which one of the attorneys is correct?
7. Notice of a motion must be given to opposing counsel in all cases except a/an
8. Which one of the following would be the best method of obtaining judgment from a debtor who works but doesn’t own any assets?
9. Which one of the following choices is a voluntary alternative dispute resolution?
10. Which one of the following choices introduces new matter that causes the plaintiff to lose even if the factual allegations of the complaint are true?
11. Which one of the following serves the purpose of persuading another party to resolve a claim before trial?